Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Obligatory

So I decided to start a blog.  I'm pretty sure that is a pretty common first line of a blog.  Obviously I decided to start a blog, or this wouldn't be here for you to read.

There are several reasons why I decided to start a blog today though.  One.  I had an idea for a blog post and I didn't have anywhere to post it.  Two.  I guest blogged on my boyfriend's blog (figmentsofanengineer.blogspot.com) a couple weeks ago and I really enjoyed it.  And three.  Someone suggested starting one to me.

I'm going to start with a post about me, then I will get on with my original blog post idea.  

Anyway. Who am I?  Don't worry, I'm not about to get philosophical.  I am currently a senior Civil Engineering major.  I think concrete is the coolest building material in the world and numbers are totally my thing.  I do head-math like it's my job, and if I had a job other than studying at the moment, I probably would do it there too.  But don't worry, I am not just about the numbers.

I am also an avid swimming.  I have been swimming since I was 11.  All the way up from age-group to high school and now to college.  I am a member of Valparaiso University's Division I Swim Team.  Butterfly is my stroke.  The passion I have for swimming is unmatched by anything else in my life.  

There are many other things that I am passionate about, including languages (I am conversationally fluent in German, know some French, and just started learning Spanish this year) and my fantastic family, just to name a few.  I am sure you will get to know me better after reading more of this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment